Sunday 3 November 2013

Art Journal Every Day Month #03



Yay, this means I've caught up with the challenge! Day #03 and I went whimsical. I just adore this art style and this piece is very heavily influenced by Tamara Laporte, since I recently signed up to Life Book 2014 and while I was there couldn't resist taking this adorable little self-paced art class called "World Of Whimsy" - so much fun! So this little art journal entry is very much in Tam's style. Tomorrow I hope to be working on the beautiful pea green boat - the second half of this painting but until then I think pussy will just have to make do on her own for one night!

Thanks again for dropping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

9 comments:

  1. WOW Kim you are on fire. Lovin all this. WTG. I just "followed" you. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful whimsy. I'm also a big fan of Tam and took her class in 2012. Since I can't draw, even though I tried, I didn't get much out of the class. But the backgrounds were fun to review.

    Can't help but reiterate, you make awesome art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it (and the owl and pussy cat story as well!) I did an illustration of that very story at an illustrator's workshop a few years ago. It's a fun subject…can't wait to see your pea green boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting... I'll definitely be coming along for this ride too!! And lovely to be able to comment again - thank you!!!

    Had a crazy work week on the back of the house move, so now looking forward to some catching up (crafting and sleeping) over the next few days.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully whimsical, just beautiful - love the idea of the new blog, will definitely be following this one too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the whimsy and you do it very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour and variety in your work Kim, just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little pussy cat!! She is adorable ... can' wait to see the rest of it!! Fabulous Kim! ox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! I love you too!